Monday, September 17, 2007

HOLIDAY DEADLINES!!

Sure, it's only September, but it's not too early to start thinking about deadlines for ordering so your products arrive before the holidays. Below is a list of some products that require specific leadtimes in order to arrive in a timely manner!

Albums: if you've not already submitted your album image choices to me, now is the time! The absolute last day I can order your album and parent albums to receive them before Christmas is October 15!! If you get your image choices to me now, that gives me time to design the book, have you approve it and choose your cover material, and make any changes or tweaks for ordering. Keep in mind that you're probably not the only one I'm waiting for images from, so the sooner you send them, the sooner I can turnaround a design! Time is of the essence, so don't delay if you're wanting to have your book(s) by Christmas!

Reprints: the last date for ordering reprints to guarantee their arrival to me so I can get them to you in time to give as Christmas presents is December 1. Because I'm not the only one submitting print orders to my lab at that time of year and everyone is waiting to submit their orders, the whole process gets bogged down, so if reprint orders for Christmas come in after December 1, you might get them before Christmas but I cannot guarantee it, as I can if you were to order early.

Holiday cards: the last date for ordering holiday cards is December 1. I recommend that you start the process for holiday cards prior to the ordering deadline so there's time to design and approve the card. Turnaround time on holiday cards is reasonably quick, but since those need to go out usually in mid-December, you won't want to delay!

Here is the holiday card I sent last year, to give you an idea. The picture is of an elf I have for the top of my Christmas tree. The cardstock for these is heavy and the printing is beautiful! Very luxurious! They come with envelopes too!

Front of the card:


Inside of the card:

Back of the card:

Remember: if everyone waits until the last minute, then everything will take longer - both by me and by the labs I use to produce your items, and the post office, UPS and FedEx!!

So, like I said, it's not too early to start thinking about ordering your albums, reprints and holiday cards!

No comments: