Thursday, July 17, 2008

It's Fair Season

On occasion, I do take a break from working, so last night I headed over to the Franklin County Fair to see what there was to shoot. I'm definitely partial to the animals, although the other "animals" at the fair seemed very interesting too. Such a small place though and not very busy, so carrying around a big camera draws a lot of attention and makes it difficult to snap people since they always look right at me. Besides, they didn't go to the fair to be featured on my blog, so out of respect I will show only non-people shots!


Do not be fooled by the calm demeanor exhibited by these pigs in this image! Take two steps in any direction away from them and they screamed bloody murder!

I don't know why, but I just like this one.

Yum yum. This cow spent a considerable amount of time licking this bar. Back and forth, mmmm good. I love the little chin whiskers. Cows, as with other farm animals, are best viewed from a distance. Up close they're a little on the gnarly side.

Up to the top and then a big drop. Once. That's all you get. Then back in line.

This guy was waaaaaaay off the beaten path, with his little blinking OPEN sign. It kinda reminded me of that old Bugs Bunny cartoon where the scary castle had that blinking sign that said "BOO".

Standing under the tiger-laden awning of the bonanza shoot-em-up game.

The reflection, obviously. I'm a sucker for it.

And look who I ran into at the fair! No, no, they didn't wear this to the fair (although wouldn't it be funny if they did)!! This is Krissie and Jason, who were married back in 2005. I haven't seen them in a while so it was great seeing them again last night. Next year, I will be shooting the wedding of one of Jason's co-workers who I happened to meet at Adriann and Reid's wedding. I didn't know then that they worked together. How fun!

No comments: